cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
contact23
Level 1

I would like to make invoice recurring but how i can put the date of period of work. example i create every 2 week but the date of work schedule have to change too. how ?

3 Comments 3
RenjolynC
QuickBooks Team

I would like to make invoice recurring but how i can put the date of period of work. example i create every 2 week but the date of work schedule have to change too. how ?

I have an option that can help, contact23.

You can use the Service Date field. This is to track the date of when the service was performed separately from the invoice date.

Here's how to enable the option:

1. Click the Gear icon located in the upper right-hand corner.
  2. Under Your Company, click Account and Settings.
  3. Click Sales on the left panel.
  4. Select Sales form content to expand, and put a check mark on the Service Date box.
  5. Click Save.

Once done, let's create the recurring invoice and add the Service Date. 

I'm also including this article that contains information on how to create templates for recurring transactions.

If you need more help with customer transactions in QuickBooks, please let us know. Thanks.

override manager approvals
Level 1

I understand how to create a recurring invoice with a service date for the original invoice.  My question is, does the service date update with the recurrance?

JamesM4
QuickBooks Team

I'd like to make sure I'm on the same page as you, could you elaborate about what you mean by does the service date update with the recurrance? 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us