cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
andersm0
Level 1

My Quickbooks 2018 Desktop premier 2018 payroll subscription shows as active yet each time I run payroll it tells me my payroll tables are out of date but when I click update, nothing downloads.

3 Comments 3
MirriamM

My Quickbooks 2018 Desktop premier 2018 payroll subscription shows as active yet each time I run payroll it tells me my payroll tables are out of date but when I click update, nothing downloads.

Hi there, andersm0,

I appreciate you reaching out to the Community regarding tax table update.

When the Payroll Tax Table won't update, it's possible that the automatic update feature in QuickBooks Desktop isn't enabled. To get started, kindly ensure that your QuickBooks version is updated to its latest release.

For more detailed information about the payroll tax table, you can check this article: Download the latest payroll tax table update.

As always, you can contact our QuickBooks Support team if you need assistance with the steps. They'll be able to pull up your account in a secure environment and help you navigate using one of their tools like screen sharing.

To reach them, here’s how:

1. Click this link https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_CA/contact.
  2. Choose the QuickBooks Product.
  3. On the Contact Us page, select a topic.
  4. Click on Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

I'd be happy if could update me on how it goes, I want to ensure you'd able to run payroll. Have a nice day!

andersm0
Level 1

@MirriamM wrote:

Hi there, andersm0,

I appreciate you reaching out to the Community regarding tax table update.

When the Payroll Tax Table won't update, it's possible that the automatic update feature in QuickBooks Desktop isn't enabled. To get started, kindly ensure that your QuickBooks version is updated to its latest release.

For more detailed information about the payroll tax table, you can check this article: Download the latest payroll tax table update.

As always, you can contact our QuickBooks Support team if you need assistance with the steps. They'll be able to pull up your account in a secure environment and help you navigate using one of their tools like screen sharing.

To reach them, here’s how:

1. Click this link https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_CA/contact.
  2. Choose the QuickBooks Product.
  3. On the Contact Us page, select a topic.
  4. Click on Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

I'd be happy if could update me on how it goes, I want to ensure you'd able to run payroll. Have a nice day!

JaneD

Good day, andersm0.

I appreciate you sharing your experience with us. 

The current payroll tax table is Version 10929004. It was released on 13th of June 2019, and is effective from July 1 to December 31, 2019. In this case, you'll need to use QuickBooks Desktop 2019 to download this tax table update.

Since your software is less than a year old, I highly recommend contacting our Support Team again. They have direct access to your account and may have a workaround to get you back to running payroll automatically.

You can follow the steps above to reach them.

As a workaround, you may consider setting up payroll manually. The following article will provide more information: Set up payroll without a subscription.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions. I'll be here to keep helping. Wishing you a good one.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us