cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
hollyleach25
Level 1

How do I run weekly and fortnightly pay in Advanced Payroll when they fall on the same week? Can I do 2 pay runs and submit 2 FPS to HMRC in the same pay period?

Solved
Best answer July 26, 2019

Accepted Solutions
John C
QuickBooks Team

How do I run weekly and fortnightly pay in Advanced Payroll when they fall on the same week? Can I do 2 pay runs and submit 2 FPS to HMRC in the same pay period?

Hi hollyleach25

Select Payroll settings > Pay schedules > Add > Enter the details and select weekly (follow the same steps and create a monthly pay schedule.

Navigate back to the employees section > New Pay Run > Select either monthly or weekly enter the dates of you first pay run > manually add employees to this pay run > add some employees > add/select an employee/s > add employee > close you can either finalise the payrun and submit the FPS or close it and repeat the above for the weekly payrun, again you can finalise or close it and then when you are in the employee section there will be two un-finalised pay runs, you can select open pay run and finalise.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
John C
QuickBooks Team

Hi hollyleach25

Select Payroll settings > Pay schedules > Add > Enter the details and select weekly (follow the same steps and create a monthly pay schedule.

Navigate back to the employees section > New Pay Run > Select either monthly or weekly enter the dates of you first pay run > manually add employees to this pay run > add some employees > add/select an employee/s > add employee > close you can either finalise the payrun and submit the FPS or close it and repeat the above for the weekly payrun, again you can finalise or close it and then when you are in the employee section there will be two un-finalised pay runs, you can select open pay run and finalise.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us