cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inventory payments

Hi, Would be very grateful to learn the breakdown of the transactions to make the following scenario make sense: Owner setup Inventory on QB Enterprise (desktop) after he already paid for some of the bills through his personal account. He has been reimbursed for these payments. The inventory was entered without a bill. Now that the bills have come in, how do I enter in and ensure the inventory and bills agree, at the same time recording his reimbursement, and not affecting reconciliation? Actual Accounts associated with this and debit/credit transactions will help immensely to record all this accurately. I feel that the reimbursement has to be recorded initially - but then how do I adjust the inventory and the bill? Would his reimbursement go to a Owner, Other Current Liability Account, and then record from here to the inventory/bill? It's a puzzler to me. Thanks so much! Nancy
1 Comment 1
JamesM
QuickBooks Team

Inventory payments

Hi there,

Thanks for posting your question in the Community. It's important you get expert advice on adjusting the inventory bill. To ensure this happens, I encourage you to reach out to an accounting expert. You can find an accounting expert right from our site using this link. You'll just have to enter your postal code or city to get a list of accounting professionals within your area. 

Feel free to ask questions. I'm here to steer you in the right direction. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us