cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
mess1
Level 1

Switch from United States to Canada

Ok so my problem is that I am trying to do payroll but everything is for the United States. How can I switch to Canada? Thanks
5 Comments 5
MirriamM

Thanks for posting your question in the Intuit Community, mess1.

Let me get the help you need in running payroll.

Based on the information you've provided, it appears that you're currently subscribed under US version. To switch to Canada version for your payroll, you'll need to cancel your US account and subscribed to Canada version.

To cancel your US payroll subscription, here's how:

1. Click the Gear icon at the top.
  2. Select Account and Settings.
  3. Go to Payroll section, click Cancel.
  4. Click Continue to cancel.
  5. Complete the short survey, then click Cancel Payroll Service.

To subscribe for Canada version, please click this link and choose your plan: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/ca/pricing/.

That's it! If I can be of further assistance, feel free to reach back out by clicking the Reply button.

blakehossack
Level 1

I have a us company and a canadian company.  do i need two versions of quickbooks pro 2020

blakehossack
Level 1

I have a Canadian company and a US company.  I want to manage them on Quickbooks Pro 2020 desktop.  I want to manage them on the same computer.  I bought both a Canadian and US version of Quickbooks.  Can I run both versions on the same laptop?

JamesM
QuickBooks Team

Hi blakehossack. You can't mix and match regional versions and editions of QuickBooks. You need to install versions and editions from the same region. If you need multiple regions on the same computer, you can use a virtual machine or a web hosting service to create an environment for each region. Check out more about this using this link: Install multiple QuickBooks Desktop versions on one computer. To make sure you set this up correctly, I recommend contacting our support team via this link here

Let me know if you have other questions. 

plung
Level 6

@blakehossack wrote:

I have a Canadian company and a US company.  I want to manage them on Quickbooks Pro 2020 desktop.  I want to manage them on the same computer.  I bought both a Canadian and US version of Quickbooks.  Can I run both versions on the same laptop?

I noticed you already have "bought" the licenses. Afaik, we are not allowed to install more than one Pro/Premier edition with the same version (year) in the same machine. But I am not sure whether we are allowed to install for multi country version. You should try to install both licenses to confirm this matter.

If you are failed to install and run US Pro 2020 and CA Pro 2020 in the same machine, consider to refund your license of US Pro 2020 and purchase the license of US Pro 2019. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us