cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
marika2
Level 1

Has anyone had trouble using the write off invoice feature in the toolbox? I seem to get an error about the subtotal every time. how do I fix this?

1 Comment 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone had trouble using the write off invoice feature in the toolbox? I seem to get an error about the subtotal every time. how do I fix this?

Hello,

Managing with your clients sales transactions is important for your practice. I'll be happy to help with this. QuickBooks Online Accountant offers many great features including the ability to write off invoices. If you're getting an error about the subtotal when running the write off invoices feature, it's due to the fact that the sales tax is not yet automatically adjusted when using this process.

To avoid the error, make sure to reclassify the invoices with the Out Of Scope tax code before the write off. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Select the Accountant Tools icon
  2. Select Reclassify Transactions
  3. Search for the invoices you wish to work with
  4. Once visible on the list, check off the boxes next to the invoices to be reclassified
  5. Select the Reclassify button
  6. Select Change tax code to Out of Scope (0%)
  7. Select Apply

You'll now be able to write off the reclassified invoices without any errors. To know more about using the Write Off Invoices tool, check this community article.

If you require any further assistance, call our phone support team at 1-855-253-1536. Our agents are available Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us