taxable amount calculation is wrong

i have an entry with 4 items. 2 are "out of scope of tax" and 2 are "18% gst" entries.

in the reports, QBO is showing "taxable amount" as all 4 instead of only two which is absolutely WRONG. I need this fixed ASAP

i have attached screenshot of "transaction list by customer report" where the total shown under taxable amount is Rs. 12263.00 when in the invoice, only Rs. 350.00 is the taxable amount on which correct tax is calculated because the entries in second screenshot of Rs. 7685 and Rs. 4228 are shown as "out of scope of tax" meaning they have NO tax implicaiton, yet the report is showing them under taxable amount.

This is unacceptable. I demand an immediate fix to this mess because first the clients are suffering and the GST department officials are issuing demands based on the data provided by your software. Please dont suggest me to send feedback because the feedback is not answered otherwise we would not be having these problems.

I am giving an ultimatum that intuit stop wasting our time with our false advertising and actually deliver a product our customers can use or we can go to zoho or even cleartax and hostbooks which offer a FAR better tax experience than QBO.

We dont need fancy features like bank reconciliation and bank import. just let us do basic sales and purchase entries and give us proper reports

2.PNG
1.PNG

Answer

Hi,

Welcome to QuickBooks Community!

Thanks for reporting this error. However, we request you to report things that are affecting your books of account to the Customer Support Team via our Contact Us page: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_IN/contact.

Hope this helps!

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
Default user avatars original
Employee SuperUser

No answers have been posted

More Actions

People come to QuickBooks Learn & Support for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:

1. Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
  2. Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
  3. Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
  4. Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
  5. Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.

Select a file to attach:

Qb community
Looking for advice from other business owners?

Visit our QuickBooks Community site.