Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
kevc66
Level 2

Merging master customers with sub customers

Hello,

We have been creating a master customer and then for each job we do for the customer we create a sub under the master. We are setting up a CRM program and need to create an excel report of all customers to upload to CRM. In creating the list it is very long with the master customer and all the sub customer listed. My question is, is there a way to create a customer data list to import to the CRM where only the master customer shows and merge all the sub customers under the one master customer entry?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
JaneD

Merging master customers with sub customers

Hi there, kevc66.

Exporting and merging sub-customers under the parent customer is currently not an option in QuickBooks Online (QBO). As a workaround, you can export it to an Excel file and manually delete the row of sub-customers name.

Here are the steps:

1. Sign in to your QBO account.
  2. Go to Reports and enter Customer Contact List in the search field.
  3. Click on the Export icon.
  4. Choose Export to Excel.

Then, open the downloaded file and delete the row of sub-customers name from there.

I'm linking an article that will help you in the future: Manage your customer list.

Know that I'll pass your idea to our product developers and get this feature be implemented in the future. For now, I suggest checking back for any product updates and enhancements through our website: The QuickBooks Blog UK.

If I hear any changes about the option that you're looking for, I'll be sure to post the details here on this thread.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions. I'll be here to keep helping. Have a wonderful day.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us