Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
Watamu Treehouse
Level 1

Lost ability to enter transactions through bank register

Hello i use quickbooks online UK I do most of my bank work from entering transactions directly into the bank registers.I access via: o Accounting o Chart of Account o Then I choose the register o I go into a register (list of transactions) and at the bottom I can add a new transaction (deposit, transfer, expense, etc) directly into the register. But something has changed. Now when I choose this, I go into Account History and can see all accounts (and now can see reconciled status) But I cannot access the register directly where I can add transactions directly into register. - This changed yesterday in my browser based version but I could still do this on the APP I installed on my computer. Today the computer changed as well. I can no longer add directly to the bank register as i can only get into account history and they are different because account history lets you edit but not add. Can anyone please advise? Thank you... Paul
1 REPLY 1
JamesDuanT

Lost ability to enter transactions through bank register

It's very convenient to be able to enter transactions directly to the account register, Paul. I tried doing this and the function works as expected.

We can do a few troubleshooting steps to determine the root-cause the issue. Cache is a program or browser component that remembers your previous activities. Though it can speed up your program or browser processes, it can also cause unexpected results when piled up.

Here's how to get rid of this possibility on your browser:

1. Private browser uses but doesn't store cache. Use it an access your account.
  2. If you can enter transactions directly to the account register, we can clear your regular browser's cache.
  3. Each supported browser stores different sets of cache. Hence, using other browser is a good alternative.

To clear the saved cache on your desktop app, you can click Help at the top menu and select Reset App Data.

Let me know what the results are so we can further help you.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us