Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
PattyD
Level 1

Invoicing

Hello,

I am uploading invoices from Clearcare into QB, I currently have 2 classes set up that have different office locations and we want the invoices to have the address on them that pertains to that particular location. Is there a way to do that in QB

1 Comment 1
LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

Invoicing

Hi PattyD,

Welcome to the community! It's great that you have a third-party service to help meet your business's needs in conjunction with QuickBooks Desktop.

QuickBooks Desktop also allows you to turn on and set up class tracking. Here's how to do that if you haven't already.

1. Select the Edit menu from the top toolbar.
  2. Choose Preferences.
  3. Click Accounting in the left menu.
  4. Go to the Company Preferences tab.
  5. In the Class section, select Use class tracking for transactions.
  6. Click OK to save.

Now that you're good to go with that, let's look at the address situation. The program pulls your business's address from the Contact Information section of the Company information area of your company file (accessed through the Company menu). Because of that, you can only have one address entered for your business. If you need to have the specific office's address displayed, I recommend using the Customer message portion of the invoice to enter the address you need. Here's a screenshot so you can see where I mean.

If it's your customer's address that you need to change, you can absolutely do that on each individual invoice. While the customer profile can only have one default address, you're able to change their address directly on the invoice set up to be what you need it to be for that particular transaction. Just make sure to choose to only use it for that invoice, otherwise it will update the customer profile as well.

I hope that helps. To learn more about QuickBooks Desktops features, feel free to search around community. Another way to get the info you need is to press F1 while in your company file and click the Help tab on the Have a Question? window that pops up. Pressing the Search button will bring up a search bar where you can use keywords to find what you need.

Stop by again if you have more questions. Have a great weekend!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us