cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Rich3791
Level 1

EXPORT GL DETAIL, CREDIT BALANCES ARE POSITIVE NUMBERS SO IT WON"T BALANCE

I have a tax audit I am assisting a client with and when I try to export the GL detail all the 'Normal Credit Balance' accounts (i.e. Sales/Payables) show positive numbers in the exported Excel so the reports seems to not balance.

3 Comments 3
JamesM
QuickBooks Team

Hi Rich3791,

It's important that the amounts show up correctly on the Excel file. I'd be happy to look into this for you.

First, let's try clearing cache and cookies on your browser. Doing this will help fix most issues the site may be having. I encourage you to give that a shot and if you're still having issues with the exported file, feel free to reach back to me. I'll be here to assist you. 

Rich3791
Level 1

It's not really about the exported file it's the way it's presented when you pull a GL report, sales and other liabilities are presented as positive (Debit) amounts, I think because QBO looks at the type of account to ascertain regular CR/DR balance.

JamesM
QuickBooks Team

I see what you're saying. That's correct, QBO will show all numbers as positive. If you want the numbers to show as negative amounts, I recommend sending feedback to our engineers. You can do this by clicking the gear icon and looking for the Feedback. New product ideas and improvements are largely based on the feedback we get from users like you. Feel free to ask questions.  

Need to get in touch?

Contact us