cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
a1b2
Level 1

One transaction that isn't listed as cleared when reconciling

Hi, I'm trying to reconcile my account and there's one transaction that isn't listed as cleared when reconciling (the cleared date, the ref no and the payer boxes are greyed out), though the transaction appears to be accurate and reflects my banking transactions. It wasn't ticked in the reconcile list and without it selected the difference is $0. When I select that transaction the difference is then out by -$ that amount. How can I resolve this?
5 Comments 5
Intuit Zac
Content Creator

Hi A1b2, 

Thank you for reaching out to us on this and the screen shot. 

Can I get you to check the opening and closing balance entered for this reconciliation in your QuickBooks file with your bank statement, please?

Here is an article from our online community might be useful for you:

How to resolve reconciliation differences
https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/EOFY-and-Reconciliation/How-to-resolve-reconciliation-differ...

a1b2
Level 1

Hi Zac, the opening balance is correct, but I think the ending balance is not quite right. The problem transaction is from the previous reconciliation that I did. I did another today without realising that there was one transaction unticked so I think it's going to be easiest to delete the reconciliation and fix the problem that way. I do have an accountant linked, so is it best to get them to unreconcile the account (as I'd have to do it manually, is that correct)? Are there instructions somewhere for this? I've tried to follow this - https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/EOFY-and-Reconciliation/Troubleshoot-reconcile-when-opening-... but I can't sort by clr. Looking at the reconciliation report, the transaction still isn't cleared. Is there a way to clear this without having to do all of the above first?
RenjolynC
QuickBooks Team

We want to make sure your reconciliation report is accurate, a1b2.

Yes, you are correct that an accountant can undo the previous reconciliation. Sometimes, it is the best option to correct the reports.

I've got this article with the steps on how your accountant can undo a reconciliation in QuickBooks Online. Once done, you can reconcile the account again.

I'll be here if you need more help with QuickBooks reconciliation. Thanks.

Philipp
Level 1

Was this ever solved? I’m having the exact same issue. Cleared date is greeted out even though the transaction is on my credit card statement. 

jamespaul

Hello, Philipp.

I have some information regarding the greyed out Cleared Date.  

The Cleared Date is greyed out since the date depends on when the transaction was cleared from the bank.

I take it that you have your credit card connected in QuickBooks. We're unable to edit the Cleared Date column (it remains greyed out for online banking transactions). 

However if you simply need to edit the date of the transaction, you can do so by changing it under the DATE column. Click Save to apply the changes. 

date1.PNG

If you need a guide or a reference on reconciliation, you can check this article: Reconcile an account in QuickBooks Online.

Give other articles a shot if you need help with other tasks. They can help you manage your transactions, run reports, or manage your customers and vendors. 

Do let me know if you have other tasks you need to accomplish in QuickBooks Online. I've got you covered with your needs.