cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
rivebourgvii
Level 1

CHANGE REQUEST: Reports' timestamps online show local time zone, timestamps Excel/PDF use GMT-7

CHANGE REQUEST: Timestamps on the online reports show my time zone (GMT-4). Timestamps on exported Excel spreadsheets and PDF files use GMT-7 (Pacific) time zone instead of local time zone (this is hardcoded into the system). Therefore online version of report shows a different timestamp than exported file or PDF. (see Case #536-638-988) (Yes, I understand that the minutes:seconds may differ slightly due to time lapse to generate the report). Please modify QBO to export reports to Excel or generate PDF files with proper timestamps for local timezone.

3 Comments 3
AddieC
QuickBooks Team

CHANGE REQUEST: Reports' timestamps online show local time zone, timestamps Excel/PDF use GMT-7

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out for support here in the Community! I'd be happy to shed some light on this for you.

This question has come up in the Community before. I've linked my previous response here: 

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

rivebourgvii
Level 1

The reports' timestamps are correct for the reports displayed online (I am a single user, no network) and are the same as my desktop date/time. When a report is exported to Excel or PDF, the timestamp is generated from GMT-7 instead of the local timezone. The QBO support desk representative says that this is hardcoded in the system. I am issuing a CHANGE REQUEST to Intuit QBO to modify the system to generate Excel or PDF files using the local timezone, like the online report.
AddieC
QuickBooks Team

I see what you're saying. I'll definitely pass your feedback along to the right team. We're always looking for ways to make QuickBooks Online even better, and this is a great suggestion. 

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us