cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
liz24
Level 1

How do i email a payment stub to a vendor?

3 Comments 3
AddieC
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, 

Once you've made a payment to your vendor or supplier, it's important that there's a record of it in your books, as well as on their end. QuickBooks Online allows you to email your vendor a receipt copy of your completed payment, called a Remittance Slip. It's really simple to send this to your vendors, and you can do it directly within your account. I'll help show you how. 

When you record a vendor payment in your QuickBooks Online account, you'll see the option to add an email address. Enter your vendors email into this field.

You can set up this email in your vendor settings to automatically fill this field with their email address each time you record a payment.

To do that, follow these steps:

1. Click Expenses on the left navigation menu.

2. Toggle to the Suppliers tab at the top of the page.

3. Click on your supplier and select Edit.

4. Enter the supplier's email address.

5. Click Save.

Now, each time you record a payment, your supplier's email will automatically fill in the proper field.

To send the email to your supplier, ensure you're clicking Save and Send, rather than Save and Close, or Save and New at the bottom of the payment screen. You'll see an email preview where you can customize a message alongside your Remittance Slip.

That's all there is to it! I hope this helps get you back on track. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach back out.

Have a great day!

Tracy C
Level 1

How do I permanently change the message in the email body when sending a payment stub.

Tammy_H
QuickBooks Team

Hi Tracy C. 

Knowing that you’ll be with us brings a smile to our faces. Welcome to the QuickBooks Community. QuickBooks Online is a simplified version of the QuickBooks product designed for busy people on the go. Streamlining the product means it does limit the number of formatting options. You can change the message in the email but creating a default isn't an available option. If you'd like to suggest this for future updates, I invite you to provide feedback.

To share your thoughts, Go to the Gear Icon > Select Feedback > Fill in your ideas and click Share feedback.

If you require future assistance, let me know. Take care.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us