Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
mmobeen
Level 1

Sales Tax Total for Different Sales Tax Codes

Hello,

I am using Quickbooks Premier 2019. This is a Canadian Desktop Version.

I am using this version in Pakistan and we have 3 different tax rates. I have attached a screenshot of the Manage Sales Tax.

GST R charged to Registered Persons @ 17%

GST UR charged to UN-Registered Persons @ 20%

GST RC charged to Retail Customers Persons @ 17%

Is there any way that the program can show me Sales Tax total for different sales tax rates? For example. How much tax has been collected under the GST R tax rate?

I have tried using the sales tax code filter in Tax Agency Detail report but it just gives a blank report screen.

Thank you in advance.

2 Comments 2
LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

Hi mmobeen,

It's cool to hear that you're joining us all the way from Pakistan! I appreciate you clarifying which product you're using and what information you're wanting to see in your sales tax report. I'll do what I can to help you out with this.

You're on the right track with the sales tax report you mentioned. The Tax Agency Detail report shows you what went into calculating the numbers for your sales tax remittance and does have a line on the report for the collected or collectible amount. Since you're seeing a blank report screen, I recommend verifying the dates to make sure they're correct. You may inadvertently be looking at a period where there wasn't any sales tax collected. It's also good to verify that when you chose an agency from the drop-down in the upper left of the window that it stuck. Without a tax agency selected, the report will be blank.

Another report you can take a look at is the Tax Agency Report, which helps you with knowing which amounts to put on each line of a sales tax return, while also showing how much sales tax you collected, the adjustments made, and your total owing. Like the other, once you've chosen the appropriate sales tax agency from the drop-down, you'll see information for it.

Both of those reports can be accessed from the Sales Tax menu at the top of the program or from the Report Centre under the Reports menu. In the Reports Centre, feel free to check out other relevant reports by typing "sales tax" and other keywords in the search bar.

For further help, don't hesitate to reach out to our phone support team. They're available at 1-877-772-9158 and Premier support lines are open 24/7 for your convenience. You're welcome to review Intuit QuickBooks Desktop software support policies before calling.

Enjoy your day!

impossible
Level 6

The quickest way is to use the Quick Report option in your Item List: Open your Item List and hilite the Sales Tax code you wish to report on>select Reports (at the bottom of the list)>scroll to QuickReport. When the report populates, the date parameters can be adjusted. The drawback to this is that you can only report on a single Item at one time.

The other option is to use the Sales Tax option from the Reports Menu>Tax Agency Detail Report.

The report can be filtered to display only Sales Tax collected, but I find it more useful to see all Sales Taxes. When you have customized the report the way you like, Memorize the report for future use.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us