Did you mean: 
Announcements
abagchi
Level 1

Backups

The need is to create a backup which can be restored

Hi 

I am a new user to Quickbooks online

i have some junior staff that work for me and i took great comfort i knowing i have a backup that i can go back to in case things get messed up,

i have not found a way accomplish this in quickbooks online

Any ideas would be welcome

Also i sometime like to work from my cottage where there is no internet access

is there a way to work and view with my online books and clients offline and then upload when im back on the internet

Down Load upload?

Regards

Asis Bagchi

2 Comments 2
BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Backups

Thanks for giving QuickBooks the opportunity to serve your accounting needs,  @abagchi.

I some information to provide about creating a backup copy for your QuickBooks Online file.

Currently, the ability to create a backup copy of a company file isn't an option in QuickBooks Online. This is only available to the Desktop versions of QuickBooks. However, you have the option to check all the activities entered on your QuickBooks Online by going into the Audit Log section. This option can be filtered by a user so that you can review what changes were performed by them. 

To do that:

1. Select the Gear icon.
  2. Click Audit Log
  3. Select the Filter button at the top left of the screen.
  4. Choose the person that you'd like to review in the User section. 
  5. Apply any additional filtering that will make the review easier. 
  6. Click Apply.

Alternatively, you may wish to consider a third-party app for your files backup functionality. You can check various of applications that supports this feature by going to the following link or by selecting Apps on the left navigation menu within QuickBooks Online: QuickBooks Online Apps.

Additionally, I'm including here tutorials that can help you to be familiar with the software and get the best benefit from it. You can access these tutorials at the following link: QuickBooks Tutorials

Lastly, QuickBooks Online is evolving and finding new ways to make sure that your product meets your needs. I'd encourage you to visit our  QuickBooks Blog regularly to be updated with our latest news and update including product improvements.

Please let me know if I can be of any additional assistance. Have a wonderful rest of your day. 

Rustler
Level 15

Backups

@abagchi wrote:

The need is to create a backup which can be restored

Also i sometime like to work from my cottage where there is no internet access

is there a way to work and view with my online books and clients offline and then upload when im back on the internet

Regards

Asis Bagchi

There is no online back up at all for the user.

IN the app store that is a back up subscription that can be used for US versions, I do not know if you can use it for one of the non-US versions but you can email the seller and ask

QBO Apps  https://apps.intuit.com/

No, QBO is a web page so the only way to work or look at QBO is if you are online.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us