cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
abagchi
Level 1

Is there a way to change the rule number so i can control the sequence in which the ruls are applied?

Solved
Best answer June 27, 2019

Best Answers
LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

Is there a way to change the rule number so i can control the sequence in which the ruls are applied?

Hi abagchi,

Thanks for visiting us here in the community! It's a great place to find answers to your QuickBooks Online questions and I'm here to help, too.

It's sounds like you're describing bank rules that you've set up for your bank feed. This helps make sorting your downloaded bank transactions even easier and I'm delighted to share that, yes, you can pick which order your bank rules go in. The process is as simple as dragging and dropping the rules where you want to them to go. To do so, go to the bank Rules page and then click the field between the check box and the NO. fields. Here's a screenshot so you can see exactly where you need to go.

Bank rules.png

That field will appear there whether you have only a single rule (like in my screenshot or multiple. When you have more than one rule, you'll be able move them around. Give it a try! I'll be here if you have more questions. :)

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

Hi abagchi,

Thanks for visiting us here in the community! It's a great place to find answers to your QuickBooks Online questions and I'm here to help, too.

It's sounds like you're describing bank rules that you've set up for your bank feed. This helps make sorting your downloaded bank transactions even easier and I'm delighted to share that, yes, you can pick which order your bank rules go in. The process is as simple as dragging and dropping the rules where you want to them to go. To do so, go to the bank Rules page and then click the field between the check box and the NO. fields. Here's a screenshot so you can see exactly where you need to go.

Bank rules.png

That field will appear there whether you have only a single rule (like in my screenshot or multiple. When you have more than one rule, you'll be able move them around. Give it a try! I'll be here if you have more questions. :)

BananappleTree
Level 1

I am curious about this question also.  I have over 300 rules.  Is there a faster way than dragging and dropping to reorder?  The delay is horrible when trying to drag a new rule from the bottom of the list to the top.

Nick K
QuickBooks Team

Hi BananappleTree,

Being able to save time is something all business owners want from their accounting software. I can help go over how to change rules in QuickBooks Online.

The rules feature of QuickBooks Online helps you save time when managing your bank feeds. At this time you can change the sequence the rules are applied by dragging them through the list using the steps my colleague provided. If you wish to have new ways to change the list order I recommend sending feedback to our developers by following these steps.

1. Select the Gear icon at the top, then Feedback.
  2. Enter your comments or product suggestions then select Next.
  3. You'll be provided a list of suggested Help articles related to your comment. You can read through them or select Skip and send message.
  4. From the drop-down, choose the appropriate category, then select Send message.

Have a great day.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us