cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
communityoil
Level 5

Very confused. How can I make a custom styles form invoice as a blank invoice for inserting all data new each time?

I've designed 2 custom styles form invoices and  want to use them selectively as blank invoice forms to be filled in for  each invoice that needs to be raised, choosing the appropriate blank each time.  I think I am confused with "Recurring Transactions" and "Custom Styles Form invoices"  Please advise.
1 REPLY 1
GeorgiaC
QuickBooks Team

Very confused. How can I make a custom styles form invoice as a blank invoice for inserting all data new each time?

Hi communityoil,

The recurring transactions are templates which can be setup if you have transactions which reoccur in regular periods, such as a direct debit for a phone bill which goes out the bank on the same day each month. You can set an interval or date that you want QuickBooks to automatically generate these, and pause or stop the template when needed.

The custom form style template is the design of the invoice which will be applied when you print/preview or email the invoice. You can set up multiple custom templates by going to the Gear icon > custom form style templates, and can also set the default template here. 

When you enter an invoice, fill in the appropriate fields and then apply the template you want to use by going to 'Customise' on the toolbar. You will then see the template applied by going to print/preview.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us