cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
exec-director
Level 1

How can we fix error code TD500 'There was a problem with your update'. QBs no longer takes us to the CardConnect online payment portal.

the error message continues 'It looks like your update was not completed.  Follow these steps to fix the issue before June 15, 2019'.  The problem just started yesterday so there was no opportunity to fix the issue prior to the deadline.  We are set for automatic updates and have tried to manually update.  That did not resolve the problem so we did a clean install but still getting the error message.  We have verified data integrity and rebuilt data - 1 issue found (error 179).  QB's Canada support says the can't help because CardConnect is a US only service (we are in Canada) and QB's US support says they can't help because we're in Canada.  Any assistance to 'get back to business' would be appreciated!

Solved
Best answer June 26, 2019

Best Answers
LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

How can we fix error code TD500 'There was a problem with your update'. QBs no longer takes us to the CardConnect online payment portal.

Great job trying the troubleshooting steps in the article and I appreciate you letting me know which department you had contacted. I want to reassure you that US support is the one you need in this case. Community, US QuickBooks social media pages, or their phone support team are great places to continue to reach out. The Contact Us page outlines the ways you can get in touch.

View solution in original post

5 Comments 5
LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

Hello exec-director,

Thanks for reaching out here in Community and I'll do what I can to help clarify our support. If you're using a Canadian product, the Canadian support team would be the way to go. However, it sounds like you're using QuickBooks Desktop US since you have access to the CardConnect feature. Because of that, the US support team is the one with agents who are trained to help with troubleshooting in this case. Give the US team another call or you can also visit the team's social media pages on Facebook and Twitter for further assistance. I'll also be checking in with my team about this matter to make sure we're offering support where we should be.

In the meantime, here's an article speaking about the error you're seeing. From what you've described, it sounds like you may have already tried these steps, but give the article a read-over just to be sure. Here it is: Fix error TD500: There was a problem with your update

Since it's a US product, I'm unable to troubleshoot further since this is the Canadian community page. I want to ensure you're able to sort this out, so please call or connect with the US team again. You can also easily switch the US community by clicking and changing the flag at the top of the community website.

Take care!

exec-director
Level 1

Thanks for the quick response.  We have tried the solution in the article you provided with no affect.  We do not have multiple versions of QB's installed.

As for US support, they told me in a live chat they could not assist but I will try to post something on their community site.

Thanks

LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

Great job trying the troubleshooting steps in the article and I appreciate you letting me know which department you had contacted. I want to reassure you that US support is the one you need in this case. Community, US QuickBooks social media pages, or their phone support team are great places to continue to reach out. The Contact Us page outlines the ways you can get in touch.

sshaver
Level 1

I just paid for qb and trying to send an invoice to a customer and I keep getting the code 500 error. How do I fix it?

Susie

LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

Hello Susie!

Welcome to the QuickBooks Desktop family! I want to make sure you're able to resolve this issue and get to work in the program, so I'll point you in the right direction.

I encourage you to read through the responses above to find a solution for this error code. When I was speaking with the original poster previously, we determined that this is a code that appears in QuickBooks Desktop US, although the question is posted in the QuickBooks Canada community forum. As I'm not trained in the US product, I'm not able to help with sorting this out, but I still want to make sure you get this taken care of. 

In addition to the articles and links already given, here's another that goes over US Desktop support if you'd like it: Contact the QuickBooks Desktop customer support team

Wishing you the best.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us