cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
communityoil
Level 5

Disappointed that customer account numbers have not migrated from previous desktop. Can I add a separate slot in customer data in QBO to newly enter these manually?

I have about 500+ customers and will have to enter all manually.
1 REPLY 1
JaneD

Disappointed that customer account numbers have not migrated from previous desktop. Can I add a separate slot in customer data in QBO to newly enter these manually?

Good day, communityoil.

There are some contact field limitations when importing from QuickBooks Desktop to the Online (QBO) version. However, customer's account number is currently unavailable.

In this case, you'll need to manually enter the account number in the Display name as field. Please see attached screenshot.customer list.PNG

Our product developers are working continuously to improve the product to meet your needs. While our options are limited at this time, I'll prepare a feedback statement directly to them and get this feature be implemented in the future.

For now, I encourage checking back to our website for any enhancements and announcements through this link: QBO UK Blog.

I'm also linking some of our great resources to be more familiar with QBO:

If I hear any changes, I'll also update you on this thread.

Thanks for visiting the Community. Let me know if you have any questions. I'll do everything I can to answer them.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us