cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
bea3
Level 1

Can clients scan receipts from their phone into Quickbooks online?

1 Comment 1
AddieC
QuickBooks Team

Can clients scan receipts from their phone into Quickbooks online?

Hi there, 

Keeping digital copies of your receipts is much more convenient than the traditional shoe-box. QuickBooks Online helps you store receipts quickly and easily, either using your phone, or on the web browser. I'll show you how!

Here's a helpful video tutorial that will explain how you can attach a copy of your receipt to a transaction in your account: How to Attach Documents To Transactions: Bills & Expenses. Follow the same process within your mobile app to add an attachment directly from your phone.

It's important to note that adding receipts as attachments is different than receipt scanning. Currently, the only version of QuickBooks that allows you to 'scan' your receipt and extract it's information to auto-generate a transaction, is QuickBooks Self-Employed. I can appreciate that this feature would be a great addition to the QuickBooks Online version, and I'd be happy to pass along these suggestions to the product development team for review. 

I hope this helps you reach your goal. If you have any other questions, please let me know. 

Cheers!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us