cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Sjrombs
Level 1

Quickbooks Enterprises to Premier

I have a cleint books Enterprise 2018 version and I need to export the chart of Accounts etc out and import to the Premeier file.  But I only have the 2019 enterprises.  What can I do?

1 Comment 1
LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

Quickbooks Enterprises to Premier

Hi Sjrombs,

Thanks for reaching out. I want to make sure I'm on the same page with what you're asking about here.

It sounds like you have a client who is or was using QuickBooks Enterprise 18. From their Enterprise 18 file, you need to export the chart of accounts to export into a QuickBooks Desktop Premier file. However, you only have Enterprise 19 yourself, so you're not sure how to do that.

If that is the case, you should be able to open your client's file in your Enterprise 2019 without a problem if it's an accountant edition. Although it's always best to have the same year of the program as your client, when they send you an accountant's copy, you can get away with a one-year difference if the accountant copy is the newer year. The Product versions: Accountant's Copy and QuickBooks Desktop section of Use the Accountant's Copy explains this in more detail.

Once you've opened your client file, you can continue with exporting what you need so that you can import it into the Premier file. You can use the Account Listing report to export the list of chart of accounts to Excel. Learn more about exporting and importing from the following articles.

If you're unable to export for whatever reason on your client's behalf, have your client try to export on their own. The articles should also help with the import process.

Our agents are happy to help if you need some extra guidance or if you have more questions. Don't be afraid to give us a call at 1-877-772-9158 from Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. EST. The awesome part is that Enterprise support fees are built into the subscription cost.

Enjoy your weekend!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us