cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
candyce
Level 1

Can I pay employees via e-transfer and how do I account for this when the only options are check and direct deposit?

1 Comment 1
JamesM
QuickBooks Team

Can I pay employees via e-transfer and how do I account for this when the only options are check and direct deposit?

Hi Candyce,

QuickBooks Online makes it easy to record transactions processed outside of the program. In your case, you can pay your staff using e-transfer and once the e-transfer transaction shows up on your bank feed in QuickBooks, you'll need to match them with the paper cheque transactions which I'll show you how to create below. 

To create paper cheques follow these steps:

1. From the left menu, select Employees.
2. Select Run Payroll.
3. If you use more than one pay schedule, select the schedule to use for this payroll run, and then select Continue.
4. Select the direct deposit icon for the employee.
5. Select Paper cheque in the window.
6. Enter the employee's pay cheque info.
7. Select Preview payroll, and then select Submit payroll.
8. Enter the cheque number. (The cheque number is required only if you're printing on blank cheque stock.)
9. Select Print pay cheque to print the pay cheque. (Note: You won't see the Print pay cheque button until you choose what to print the pay cheques on.)
10. Select Print pay stub to print only the pay stub and hand write the cheque.
11.Select Finish payroll.

Give this a try and if you get stuck, feel free to reach out. I'll be happy to assist. :) 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us