cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
info298
Level 1

Hi Guys, I wanted to know if you can create an invoice and then schedule it to send at a later date? this is a great feature in Zoho books and would be great in QB.

1 REPLY 1
BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Hi Guys, I wanted to know if you can create an invoice and then schedule it to send at a later date? this is a great feature in Zoho books and would be great in QB.

Hello there, @info298.

I can provide some insights about how sending invoices works in QuickBooks Online. Let's get this started.

In QuickBooks Online, invoices will be automatically sent as to when it was created. However, you have the option to make a recurring invoice and uncheck the Automatically send emails option. Doing this will help you manually send the invoices on your desired dates. 

To do that: 

1. Select the Plus icon (+) on the Toolbar.
  2. Under Customers, select Invoice.
  3. Fill out the form with the information you want to appear in every instance of the invoice.
  4. Under Payment Options, choose the types of payments that you accept.
  5. Select Make recurring.

From there, you can now customise the recurring invoice:

• Enter a template name.
  • From the Type drop-down, choose Scheduled.
  • On the Options section, remove the check-mark Automatically send emails.
  • Set the interval.
  • Set the Start date to at least one day in the future. Scheduled recurring transactions are automatically created during the first half of the day. Choosing a day in the future ensures that the first instance will be created on the day you've selected.
  • Change the End date, unless you want this transaction to recur for an unlimited time.
  • Select Save template.

To give you more insights about this process, please check out these helpful articles:

Moreover, our developers are constantly working with improving our products to meet our customers' needs and demands. I'd encourage you to check out our QuickBooks Online Blog to be updated about our latest news and updates including product improvements. 

You can always get back to me should you have any other concerns about invoices or QuickBooks. It'd be my pleasure to help. Have a lovely day ahead!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us