cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
Fandango
Level 1

I am with the Coop Bank, they have recently changed the login page to access the Business accounts, is this stopping me updating my accounts and if so how do I fix this?

32 REPLIES 32
Mark_R
QuickBooks Team

I am with the Coop Bank, they have recently changed the login page to access the Business accounts, is this stopping me updating my accounts and if so how do I fix this?

Hello there, @Fandango.

Let's manually update your Coop Bank account to get this fixed.

But before we proceed, the first thing to do is log in to your bank website to confirm if the new transactions are posted in your bank account since the transactions downloaded to QBO is dependent on the data provided by your bank's website. 

Once done, let's proceed on updating your Coop Bank account. Here's how:

1. From the left menu, click Banking.
  2. Go to the Banking tab.
  3. Click Update.

For your reference, you can check this article: How to Manually Update Bank Accounts.

If in case there are missing transactions in QBO, we'll need to download bank transactions manually from your bank's website and import them into QuickBooks using WebConnect.  

However, if you encounter any banking error, you can check out this article about fixing online banking errors for your reference: Fix online banking errors in QuickBooks Online.

Please let me know if I can be of additional assistance. Have a good day!

carpetfitterswife
Level 1

I also have the same problem, spoke to QB help on Weds 10th, said they were going to Escalate. Checked progress today, and not only had it not been escalated, agent had closed the case. Have now got case reopened and allegedly there is an ongoing escalation for this problem but no timeline to the fix !
EmmaM
QuickBooks Team

Hello

Thanks for letting us know about your experience.We apologise that this was not escalated on the 10th. We will pass on feedback to our care team. We will email you from the case to advise when this is resolved

Thanks

Emma

dkc555
Level 3

We still can’t connect our co-op business bank account. Any updates?? 

katherinejoyceO
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for joining the thread, @dkc555

I understand that the Co-op Business bank connectivity issue is already long overdue. I want to make sure that this is taken cared of as soon as possible. 

I'd suggest you contact our Customer Care team. They can pull up your account to review the connection between your QuickBooks Online account and the Co-op Business bank. They can also re-open the investigation if an issue is found, then add you to the affected users so you can receive updates about its status.

You can get through us from your QuickBooks Online account. Here's how: 

1. Go to the Help (?) button in the upper right.
2. Click Contact Us.
3. Enter your question in the field and select Let's talk.
4. From there, you can choose a way to connect with us.

• Chat - If you want to connect with our live chat representative. 
  • Get a callback - If you want to schedule a call to speak with someone over the phone.

Our Phone Support team are available from Mondays - Fridays from 8 AM to 6 PM, BST only. While the Chat Support is available up until 8 PM, BST. 

Don't hesitate to message us again if you have other concerns. We're always here to help. Have a victorious day ahead!​

dkc555
Level 3

I've already done the above twice and got nothing other than advice on how to download transactions manually which we don't want to do.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the follow-up, @dkc555.

I just want to inform that I've already responded on this thread: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Banking/Cannot-connect-to-Co-operative-Bank-business-account....

To ensure keeping the conversation streamlined and provide you with updates, please post any follow-ups there.

If you need anything else, let me know. I'll be here to help.

carpetfitterswife
Level 1

Tested it last night it is is now working ok. Smiley LOL

david_g1
Level 3

I received an email from QBO advising the direct feed was updated and to 'dis-connect' the relevant account (Co-op Business) and to then 'Add Account'. My thoughts were fantastic, this very long outstanding 'Open Banking' issue has finally been resolved. Did the 'dis-connect'. Cannot now get the account to connect. Outcome, now unable to even download csv files from the Co-op. REsult: One very peeved QBO customer. About to do some research on over accounting packages ability to handle the current 'Co-Op Business ' connection, whilst I am at it, how easy is to import QBO  structure into that accounting package. Like others in this thread, really sick to the back teeth for paying for an aspect of QBO that has been defunct for five months!

Ashleigh1
QuickBooks Team

Hello David_g1, 

Thank you for commenting on this thread. 

Can we ask what exactly happens when you try and connect your co-op bank account? 

Are you getting any error codes or messages show up? 

david_g1
Level 3

Until I disconnected the account, my issue was a long-standing one - NO interaction between QBO & Co-op, contrary to 'Open Banking'. To which I have comments on numerous threads, as have a high number of other users, some I might add, probably no longer customers due to the issue!
Now I can not connect a 'New Account', probably still due to the same issue. I think I have misread the email I referred to as received 20 Aug, as with hindsight it is probably a generic "Update so you can use open banking" communication.
My bad, but being able to 'Upload' csv files is indeed still available to me. 

EmmaM
QuickBooks Team

Hi David_g1, Certainly the ability to upload a CSV should be there whether there is a connection or not so it should not be impacted at all. The download of the file at the bank side is not connected to us at all if you have an issue once downloaded and you are looking to import we can certainly help with that. We'd be grateful if you could attach a screenshot of the error that you get in QuickBooks with the CSV and also when you do the connection of the bank account itself, we'll get this looked at straight away.-Emma

david_g1
Level 3

Sometimes after entering the CustomerID and the User ID prior to clicking 'Reconnect', it allows the passcode from the Co-op security Device to be entered (I did not capture that). Even when that happens it then either returns to the earlier screen (snapshot) or back to to the main 'Banking' screen and present an error, which I have not seen this morning - yet! I have even tried entering the security code on the first screen (snapshot) and again on the 'proper' security code screen - I have tried this using the same code on both screens, requesting a new code and simply adding new codes.
The snapshot states to retype etc, and try the main Co-op site. Which of course I have been doing and with such frequency (as the QBO connection is defunct) that I am very (very) convinced that all the attempts are not due to typos.
It is my belief that the first screen - for a Co-op connection (or any other that has multi-step authentication using a security device) - should not have the password field - as this is then sending the incorrect information initially to the Co-op

david_g1
Level 3

Now working - but you really need to sort the steps out. My initial attempt to connect to the bank did seem to work, as it asked which account - debit or savings. I selected the current account option. The connection stopped working after that. All attempts to simply update have failed since. All attempts as per my above post to use the 'Edit Account' function also failed.
I wanted to upload a csv. To my surprise there was an option once in the dropdown once clicking 'File Upload' to make a connection - so I did. It seemed to ask me to select debit or saving again, but in fact already had my current account selected. No further interaction again possible!
Back on the main 'Banking' screen, I tried the 'Update' - woh and behold - it worked! It asked for the security device code only. And to my utter amazement - I received a load on tranasctions.
Hopefully the above steps will help anyone in the same predicament 

Ashleigh1
QuickBooks Team

Hello David_g1, 

Can you try connecting the co-op bank for us this morning, the error code of 193 has been resolved now so you should be able to connect the account up. 

we suggest clearing your cache and cookies, close the browser down, reload it, log into Quickbooks and try to connect the account back up let us know how you get on. 

david_g1
Level 3

As per my previous post - working (for now!)
Must have taken some sorting to match the requirements of both 'Open Banking' regulations/guidance and probably 'odd' specification of the Co-op.
I hope all Co-op Business Account customers that wish to use the QBO Banking function can also do so with ease. 
Again, I hope the above steps in my previous post, may provide a wee routine. is anyone is still suffering an inability to get QBO and Co-op to talk - with the use of the security device? They are not well-written steps, as it is simply a recollection, I was not aiming to record the steps appropriately for sharing.

Ashleigh1
QuickBooks Team

Hello David_g1, 

Thanks, great to hear you are now all connected with the co-op in your Quickbooks.

If you need any more assistance you know where we are. 

JoMcK
Level 2

Can I ask how you got this to work?  We are having the same problems.  I can't connect to the coop business banking as it is asking for a password (which co-op doesn't use as it uses a security token code).  I can't connect at all which is really frustrating as I now can't even upload manually as the account is disconnected.

Ashleigh1
QuickBooks Team

Hello JoMcK, 

Thanks for posting on this thread, 

Could you send us a screenshot if you trying to connect up your co-op account in Quickbooks, so we can assist you further? Thanks 

JoMcK
Level 2

I've seen on another thread that in order to connect with coop bank that you have to contact them to get a different username and password than is used on the coop website.  Is that correct?  This is the screenshot and I do not have a password for coop business banking as they don't use them so can't enter one.

JoMcK
Level 2

I have spoken to the co-op and this is the current situation.  

Co-op are moving business banking customers over to a new platform - this hasn't yet happened for all customers and will be happening in the next month.  Until we are moved to the new platform we won't be able to connect with quickbooks.  When we are moved over we can go into coop online business banking, put in a new service request and one of the items listed will be connecting to quickbooks.  At that point we will be able to do the open bank feed.  Until that time we will still have to upload manually - you might want to tell your customers that this is the case!

david_g1
Level 3

Hi JoMcK
One of my earlier posts states some rough steps I did when I was in the same position as you.

WindyMiller
Level 3

I can't say exactly when it broke (December 2022), but our Co-op business banking feed requires reconnecting every day. We have other feeds from PayPal, NatWest and Barclaycard which Update correctly everyday as expected. Of course, Co-op say there's nothing wrong their end and that it must be a QBO problem!

I have tried disconnecting and reconnecting several times. It's such a waste of time having to fully authenticate every day. Has anyone else had the same problem specifically with Co-op Business Banking in the UK?

GeorgiaC
QuickBooks Team

Hi WindyMiller, thanks for joining this thread - this change is due to an update to the token expiry time by Co-op bank which was reduced from the standard 90-day period. We're working with them to understand the cause, and we're expecting a further update to this on the 18/01 - in the meantime, please continue to re-authorise the connection in QuickBooks to update with recent transactions. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us