cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deepak_Duplify
Level 1

Refund Invoice

Hi,

On may 25 i received payment against the invoice for $1700 and this amount has been reconciled. On June 13 this amount has been refunded. and my client deleted the invoice and payment is still on the book. if i delete this payment also the bank reconciliation will show discrepancy. So, is there any way to adjust this transaction. please advice.

1 Comment 1
Ryan_M

Refund Invoice

Hi @Deepak_Duplify,

Let's get your reconciliation discrepancy sorted out, and also record a refund while we're at it.

I'd suggest recreating the deleted invoice, then link the unapplied payment to it. This way, you won't have any problems with your bank reconciliation. You can view the Audit log page to be sure the invoice gets recreated correctly.

Here's how:

1. Click the Gear icon.
  2. Select Audit log.
  3. Locate the deleted invoice and take note of its details so you can recreate it.

Once done, you can create a refund receipt to record the refund.

Here's how:

1. Click the Plus (+) icon, then select Refund Receipt.
  2. Select the same product/service you are refunding and enter the exact amount of the refund.
  3. Fill out the necessary fields, then select Save and close.

If you want to handle vendor credits and refunds, you can visit the article provided. It lists the steps on how you can link a vendor refund to a vendor credit.

Drop me a comment below if you have any other questions. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.