cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
john49
Level 1

Can you help please? I have created Customers details I need to invoice in Euros but it is coming up as GDP under Payment and Billing and I can't find how to change it?

2 REPLIES 2
katherinejoyceO
QuickBooks Team

Can you help please? I have created Customers details I need to invoice in Euros but it is coming up as GDP under Payment and Billing and I can't find how to change it?

Great day, @john49.

Welcome to the QuickBooks Community. Let me share a few details about the multicurrency feature before we turn it on so you can assign a foreign currency to a certain customer or a payee.

This feature is available in QBO Essentials and Plus only. You can also upgrade your subscription to enable this feature. 

Once Multicurrency is turned on, you can't turn it off again and your Home currency is also set and can't be changed. Thus, make sure you want to turn it on and set your local currency correctly. Here's how:

1. Click the Gear icon at the top right.
2. Under Your Company, select Account and Settings (or Company Settings).
3. Select Advanced from the left menu.
4. Click the edit (pencil) icon in the Currency section and choose your Home Currency in the drop-down.
5. Put a check on the Multicurrency checkbox. Then, confirm that you understand that you can't undo this option.
6. Click Save.

That should enable you now to assign a currency to a customer or payee.

As additional information, you can also read through our help article: How to turn on Multicurrency and add or delete currencies. It also serves as your future reference if you need to add an account that uses a foreign currency.

Feel free to message us again if you need anything else. We're always delighted to help. Have a good day!

john49
Level 1

Hi KatheryJoyceO

Thanks for taking the time to respond, sorry it took me a while to get back to you.

I had already carried out the steps you mentioned and linked to other currency accounts, it was the Customers record that was fixed to GBP.  Your solutions was definitely the steps that had to be carried out prior to what I was trying to do. 

QuickBooks support via chat advised me to great another entry for the same customer and the second one allowed me to choose another currency.  I now have two entries for the same customer in different currencies but that's manageable.

Regards

John

Need to get in touch?

Contact us