cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
lookslikeagassi
Level 1

Problem with importing CSV

I have imported a bunch of CSV files.  Some of them worked perfectly, then the last few all of the income vs expenses were reversed - i.e. Expenses showing as POSITIVE numbers, and income showing as NEGATIVE.

Any advice on how to fix this?

1 Comment 1
AddieC
QuickBooks Team

Problem with importing CSV

Hi there, 

QuickBooks Online allows you to import CSV files so you can manually upload your bank transactions quickly and easily. I'd be happy to help you map your files correctly so that your expenses and income are categorized appropriately. 

It's important that you're following the correct format when you create your CSV files in Excel. Here's an article that reviews how to format the columns of your CSV file: How to import bank transactions using Excel CSV files. This article also goes through helpful formatting tips, tricks, and reminders when using Excel. Take a look at the bottom of the article under the section titled, "Formatting CSV files for import". This article should be able to guide you through the majority of your formatting questions. 

If you're still having issues with your expenses showing as a positive amount and your income showing as a negative, please let me know. I'd be happy to continue working with you here. 

Have a great day! 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us