cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
accounts68
Level 1

Quickbooks online isn't working out employee's Statutory Maternity Pay. I've followed the instructions but still doesn't include figure in payroll. Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
JessT

Quickbooks online isn't working out employee's Statutory Maternity Pay. I've followed the instructions but still doesn't include figure in payroll. Any ideas?

Your employees would need to qualify for the following conditions to calculate the Statutory Maternity Pay, accounts68.

• Have worked for you continuously for at least 26 weeks, up to the “qualifying week”. The “qualifying week” is the 15th week before the expected due date.
  • Earn at least £118 per week (gross) in the relevant 8-week period. (This is the amount for 2017-2018. Note that this amount changes each tax year.)
  • give you a correct notice and a proof of pregnancy

You can check out this article for additional reference: https://www.gov.uk/maternity-pay-leave/eligibility.

If your employee qualifies, but the SMP is still not showing up on her paycheque, please contact our phone or chat team to check this further. They can start a screen-sharing session to see your setup.

1. Click on Help and choose Contact us.
  2. Enter a short detail of the scenario and click Let's talk.
  3. Choose from Chat or Get a callback. Office hours: M-F, 8 AM - 6 PM, BST.

If there's anything I can help about your employee's paycheque, feel free to go back to this thread.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us