user26540
Level 1

How to pick up annual leave loading in a payrun

5 Comments 5
Catherine_B
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, user26540.

Before we can apply annual leave loading in pay run, let's set it up first.  You can either set annual leave loading to a few employees or a payroll setting that affects all and future employees. 

Let me show you how to set up leave loading for individual employees: 

1. Click on the employee file you want to set up and then select Leave Allowances
  2. Choose the Leave Category that you wish to apply leave loading, set the rate and click Save
  3. Changes will then be applied for the individual employee. 

Applying leave loading in a pay run

1. In the Pay Run find the employee you'll apply leave to. 
  2. Expand their row and click the blue Action button and choose Take Leave
  3. A new leave row will appear and enter the necessary information that should be applied. 
  4. Once you’ve applied the leave, click Save and a new Leave Loading earnings line will be applied in the pay run. 

I'll be around to help you if you need more help!

Symbiosphere
Level 1

Hi,

I have done this however when I look up Leave Balances in the pay run it comes up with zero available. It doesn't seem to be accruing leave.

I also want to show accrued leave on the payslip

Michelle_b
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for the quick reply, @Symbiosphere.

I appreciate following the steps provided by my colleague above. Make sure the boxes listed below are not ticked so that the accrued leave will appear in the employee's payslips. Also, ensure to put a check marked in the Automatically Accrues box.

Please see screenshot for visual reference:

accrued.PNG

For the detailed guide, please visit this article: Getting Started Guide. Press Ctrl + F, then enter Leave Categories. 

I've got these articles to learn more about managing your employees' leave: 

Don't hesitate to leave a comment below. I'm always here to help. Take good care!

cazza3221
Level 1

I followed your instructions to take leave and could put in a line and hours but the amount did not transfer into the totals or make a new line for annual leave as it did for public holiday leave?

IntuitSheila
Level 8

Thanks for joining in this thread, cazza3221!

Let's check if the payment setup of the annual leave category in your payroll settings is set up to basic or custom. Here's how:

1. Click on the Employees tab.
  2. Click on the Payroll Settings.
  3. Click on the Leave Categories.
  4. Select the annual leave category, and locate the Payment set up.
  5. Check if what is selected is Basic or Custom.
  6. if Custom, try to set the Deduct hours from to Don't deduct  hours, and Transfer hours to Permanent Ordinary Hours.
  7. Click on Save.

Once done, create a dummy pay run once more and check if the amount change. If the issue remains, we'd recommend contacting one of our Customer Care Team for them to check your payroll set up in a secure form.

Message us back if you have other questions about QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Online Payroll. We'll be sure to get back and help you. Have a great day!