cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
jack22
Level 1

Can i reverse quickbooks desktop PST filing?

Hi,

Somehow back in March I either caused a BC PST problem or QB lost it's mind, substituting an adjustment account for BC PST commission.  Unfortunately, thanks to this happening during tax season, my accountant has not had the time to deal with this - she gave me the numbers to use to file my BC PST online and I did that.  Unfortunately I now have to file for April and things aren't making a lot of sense to me.  I did backup QB and then try to rectify the issue myself but my attempts were like trying to wriggle my way out of quicksand.

Help! 

4 Comments 4
impossible
Level 6

You can Delete the March PST filing. Find the JE that was created and delete it. Next, Refile the March PST. Then, file the April PST.

impossible
Level 6

You should Delete the March PST return: Scroll down to Ministry of Finance under the Vendor Menu. When the Vendor Info screen populates, locate and open the JE for the March return. Open and Delete the JE. Next, Refile the March return with the same numbers used to file with the Ministry of Finance. Now, you are ready to file the April return.

jack22
Level 1

I was incorrect.  It is the February return where QB report shows Box i instead of c (commission).  There is no March or April return as I was not able to clean up the mess.  The alternative is going back to a March 8th backup, the only backup before March 26th when I created this mess - obviously requiring a lot of input to bring things up to date.

I assume therefore that I need to delete basically anything related to the February filing and efforts to fix it thus far? 

I appreciate your help - Thank You impossible!

jack22
Level 1

Reply to impossible:

Well, it looks pretty good!  The only glitchoid was the Box A for March was out by 22.00.  I looked but couldn't find that amount (it happens to be the minimum PST commission - it did not however make any difference to the PST amount paid versus owing so I just documented it and carried on.

Thanks again!

Cheers

Need to get in touch?

Contact us