Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
Anna_P
Level 1

Exporting to Excel online

Hi, 

We have recently switched to QB online and have come across problem. In the past we exported to excel desktop from QB's desktop. However we have recently switched our systems to Microsoft Office 365 and no longer use Excel desktop. Is it possible to export form Quickbooks online to Excel online?

Solved
Best answer May 24, 2019

Accepted Solutions
TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello,

As you cannot export directly to Excel Online via the product, this would be something you would need to contact Microsoft support about - they would be able to guide you to changing your default apps, if possible. If not, when you select that button, save the Excel file within your desktop app and open it within the online version.

Do you still need the desktop Excel product? You could uninstall this if not needed.

Thanks,

Talia

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello Anna_P,

Welcome to the Community - thank you for your question!

You can not export directly into Excel Online. You can export transaction lists, reports, customer lists etc. to a CSV file, which you can then open in Excel online. You can do this by going to the cog > Export data.

Thanks,

Talia

Anna_P
Level 1

Hi Talia,

Thanks for your reply but I think I didn't put enough detail in my original post.

I am trying to export a custom report and when you go to the export square with an arrow in the top right of the screen it only gives me the option to export to pdf or to Excel. When you click on Excel it takes you to Excel desktop and not Excel online. What I need to do is be able to export to Excel online.

Any ideas???

TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

Hello,

As you cannot export directly to Excel Online via the product, this would be something you would need to contact Microsoft support about - they would be able to guide you to changing your default apps, if possible. If not, when you select that button, save the Excel file within your desktop app and open it within the online version.

Do you still need the desktop Excel product? You could uninstall this if not needed.

Thanks,

Talia

Need to get in touch?

Contact us