cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
mark64
Level 1

Can anyone let me know how to see the customer activities on a sent invoice. Previously showed a timeline of when the invoice was viewed etc. but now just date sent.

Solved
Best answer May 23, 2019

Accepted Solutions
EmmaM
QuickBooks Team

Can anyone let me know how to see the customer activities on a sent invoice. Previously showed a timeline of when the invoice was viewed etc. but now just date sent.

Hello Mark64

The activities section at the bottom of a sent invoice does still show the viewed invoices,however this only works if customer hits review on the emailed invoice.Can you try sending one to your email and viewing it and see if it updates in that section?

Let us know how you get on

Thanks

Emma

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JessT

Hi Mark!

There's actually no change on the invoice status. You can still check if your customer have viewed their invoice in the STATUS column of the All Sales page. You can also open the invoice and see the Activity section.

I tried sending invoices, and I still got the same view here on my end.

You may want to send them a payment reminder. I hope they pay you sooner. 

I'm just around if you have more questions.

mark64
Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I can see the status but it doesn't show that the customer has viewed the invoice. Up until a few invoices back, the Activities line at the bottom of the invoice showed that the customer had viewed the invoice which gave some confidence that they'd received it. It also helped when chasing overdue payments like when the account uses the standard 'we didn't receive your invoice' ploy.

It might not seem much of a problem but it was one of the main features that was really useful, I now have to follow up sending an invoice with an email or call to make sure the customer has received it.

Mark

EmmaM
QuickBooks Team

Hello Mark64

The activities section at the bottom of a sent invoice does still show the viewed invoices,however this only works if customer hits review on the emailed invoice.Can you try sending one to your email and viewing it and see if it updates in that section?

Let us know how you get on

Thanks

Emma

mark64
Level 1

Hi,

Here's what I've done.

I went to settings - sales - online deliver. and turned off Attach PDF.

Now the customer has to review the invoice to see it and I get to see their actions in the timeline/activities.

I can only think that the past few invoices sent were not opened and printed directly from the attached PDF.

Thanks for all your help

Mark

Need to get in touch?

Contact us