Did you mean: 
wendy20
Level 1

Can I see when a user logs in and out?

4 Comments 4
Intuit Zac
Content Creator

Hi Wendy, user activity records in a QuickBooks Online file can be accessed in the audit log under the gear icon on the top right corner. 

RCV
QuickBooks Team
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, wendy20.

You can view the user's log-in and log-out activity in the Audit Log page.

Here's how:

1. Click the Gear icon on the top menu.
  2. Choose Audit Log.
  3. Click the Filter tab.
  4. Under Events, choose Sign in/sign out.
  5. You can also customize the User and Date option.
  6. Click Apply.

For more details about Audit Log, you can check out this article: The Audit Log: What it is, how to use it.

Feel free to reply to this post if you have more questions. I'd be glad to help.

DanielleS327
Level 1

Where is the Audit Log page? I have been to "Reports" then Audit Trail - but that is every user and every transaction. I simply want a log file of when I logged into and out of Qucikbooks Enterprise Solutions 19 (Desktop). Please help. Pictures are great also. 

Adrian_A

Hi DanielleS327,

As of now, the Audit Trail report are about transactions. To know when you logged in and out of the file, I'd suggest looking for an application. You can look for one through these steps:

1. From the Help menu, select App Center:Find More Business Solutions.
  2. You can enter User Activity as the keyword.

From there, you can integrate the app and start using it in tracking your user's activity.

Know that you can always visit our QuickBooks Desktop page in case you need some reference for your future tasks.

If there's anything else that I can help you with, please let me know in the comment section down below. I'll be always around ready to help.