cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cms_finance
Level 1

I have a number of bank deposits showing as "Transfer" yet, despite research on this group, I cannot reclassify them to income?

3 Comments 3
Joey Ann
QuickBooks Team

I have a number of bank deposits showing as "Transfer" yet, despite research on this group, I cannot reclassify them to income?

Hi Cms_Finance, 

To make amendments to these bank deposit transactions which were already allocated or added to QuickBooks please follow the below steps:

Go to Banking then go to the REVIEWED tab, look for that particular transfer transaction then UNDO it.

Once the transaction is back in the FOR REVIEW screen, you can then change the account where it was transferred from. 

Please let us know if you have further questions. 

cms_finance
Level 1

Thanks Joey Ann

I've got to that point (found it on the community) but it will only give me balance sheet accounts and nothing else - ie no income accounts.

Regards Adrian.

SophiaAnnL

I'd like to check this further, cms_finance.

When I tried this on my end, I was able to associate the transaction with an income account. To achieve this, I made sure that the Record Transfer radio button is not selected. You can learn more about it here.

But if you still don't see an option to do it, please give us a call. We can check what's causing this and help you fix it. 

To get our contact number, click the Help icon in the upper right-hand corner. From there, click the Contact Us button and enter your concern in the description box.

Please let me know if there's anything else you need.