cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
melanie9
Level 1

Is it possible to remove a previously used deduction from a payslip? I gave an employee an advance and it is now repaid but the line item still shows on new payslips.

1 Comment 1
LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

Is it possible to remove a previously used deduction from a payslip? I gave an employee an advance and it is now repaid but the line item still shows on new payslips.

Hi melanie9,

That's a great question. When it comes to deduction items in QuickBooks Online's payroll services, once they're used, the item will continue to appear on the paycheque for Year-to-Date purposes. Even if you're not using it anymore, it's important for your employees to have those totals so they can keep track of what they've been paid. The payslip should reflect the $0 amount each time moving forward while maintaining the year-to-date total.

I hope that helps clarify things. If you'd like some extra insight into what's happening with your payroll, feel free to call our phone support team. Because there are two versions of the payroll service that operate differently, it's always best that we know which one you're using when helping with payroll matters. The team can be reached at 1-855-253-1536 from Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. EST and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST.

Take care!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us