cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
e.ramirez
Level 1

Can we recognize by account the Exchange Rate Unrealized Loss/Gain and Ex Rt Realized Loss/Gain for example account 5127/5128 Unrealized and 5129/5130 for Realized?

Solved
Best answer May 07, 2019

Accepted Solutions
Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Can we recognize by account the Exchange Rate Unrealized Loss/Gain and Ex Rt Realized Loss/Gain for example account 5127/5128 Unrealized and 5129/5130 for Realized?

Hi there, @e.ramirez.

I'm here to help share information about the Exchange Rate Unrealized and Realized Gains & Losses.

I've checked that 5000-5999 range of category is for Cost of Goods Sold (COGS). Unrealized and Realized reports only affect bank, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.

If you're trying to realized/unrealized COGS, then, this is not possible in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

In case you have any other QBO concerns in the future, feel free to visit/check our help articles: Help articles for QBO.

Please don't hesitate to check back with us if you're referring to something else, I'll be always here happy to help you. Wishing you the best!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @e.ramirez.

I'm here to help share information about the Exchange Rate Unrealized and Realized Gains & Losses.

I've checked that 5000-5999 range of category is for Cost of Goods Sold (COGS). Unrealized and Realized reports only affect bank, accounts receivable, and accounts payable.

If you're trying to realized/unrealized COGS, then, this is not possible in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

In case you have any other QBO concerns in the future, feel free to visit/check our help articles: Help articles for QBO.

Please don't hesitate to check back with us if you're referring to something else, I'll be always here happy to help you. Wishing you the best!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us