cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
sarahade246
Level 1

I have a client using QB Desktop Pro 2019. Is there a way to allocate payroll deductions - CPP,EI etc by class for each employee? e.g. Staff A & B allocated to Class A

1 Comment 1
AddieC
QuickBooks Team

I have a client using QB Desktop Pro 2019. Is there a way to allocate payroll deductions - CPP,EI etc by class for each employee? e.g. Staff A & B allocated to Class A

Hi there, 

Tracking your payroll deductions keeps you organized, and I can see how separating each deduction would be handy. Although you're able to assign classes to your employee's, you won't have the option to to individually assign classes to things like CPP and EI in QuickBooks Desktop.

Tracking classes for your employees may help you reach your goal, though. To do this, double click on the employee from the Employee Center, then go to the Payroll Info tab. Once you're there, you can assign a class to your employees. As explained by my colleague on another Community thread, "in doing that, QuickBooks will automatically add the class to payroll items that can have class assigned to them directly on the employee's paycheque". Take a look at the full thread here: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Employees-and-payroll/How-to-Classify-Credit-Card-Payments/....

I hope this helps clear things up for you. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach back out for additional support. You can also reach out to our QuickBooks Desktop phone support team at 877-772-9158. For Pro/Premier support, agents are available to assist you 24/7. It's our goal to provide you with the best support possible and see to it that you're back on track. 

Have a great week!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us