Transactions can have only one foreign currency at a time

Hello,
I am having troubles connecting my woocommerce to quickbooks.
The problem is just to do with transaction paid via stripe as I got this error in quickbooks.
My developer asked me to check with you.

​This error was generated when the Billing Shipping address is US but the order currency is EUR and not USD.
I believe Quickbooks is expecting the billing and shipping address to be paid in USD?
If we try to sync orders with the above scenario QuickBooks gives an error like.

{
  "Fault": {
      "Error": [{
          "Message": "A business validation error has occurred while processing your request",
          "Detail": "Business Validation Error: Transactions can have only one foreign currency at a time.",
          "code": "6000",
          "element": ""
      }],
      "type": "ValidationFault"
  }
}

Could you please help?
Thanks,
S

Answer

Welcome to the Community, unimaticwatches,

I’m here to help share information about the Multi-currency feature in QuickBooks Online.

Currently, the Multi-currency feature and foreign currencies are available in QuickBooks Online Essentials and Plus subscribers. This feature gives you the ability to deal in foreign currencies.

In your case, to properly track transactions, you can turn on the Multi-currency feature and set-up customer as a Euro Customer so this customer pays you with Euro.

Here’s what you’ll need to do:

1. Click the Gear icon at the top, then choose Account and Settings.
  2. In the Account and Settings window, go to the Advanced tab.
  3. Go to the Currency section, then turn on Multi-Currency.
  4. Click Save, then click Done.

To set up a Euro customer, here’s how:

1. Click Sales in the left navigation menu.
  2. Go to the Customers tab, then click New customer button at the upper right hand.
  3. Enter the necessary customer information.
  4. Go to the Payment and billing tab, then set up payment terms information.
  5. In the This customer pays me with section, choose EUR Euro.
  6. Click Save.

That’s it! By following the set up above, I’m confident that you’re now able to track customer’s transactions properly with their specific currencies.

To know more about the Multi-currency feature, here are some helpful articles that you can check:

As always, feel free to reach back out if you have further questions in managing your transactions. I’d be happy to help. Take care.

Was this answer helpful? Yes No
Default user avatars original
Employee SuperUser

No answers have been posted

More Actions

People come to QuickBooks Learn & Support for help and answers—we want to let them know that we're here to listen and share our knowledge. We do that with the style and format of our responses. Here are five guidelines:

1. Keep it conversational. When answering questions, write like you speak. Imagine you're explaining something to a trusted friend, using simple, everyday language. Avoid jargon and technical terms when possible. When no other word will do, explain technical terms in plain English.
  2. Be clear and state the answer right up front. Ask yourself what specific information the person really needs and then provide it. Stick to the topic and avoid unnecessary details. Break information down into a numbered or bulleted list and highlight the most important details in bold.
  3. Be concise. Aim for no more than two short sentences in a paragraph, and try to keep paragraphs to two lines. A wall of text can look intimidating and many won't read it, so break it up. It's okay to link to other resources for more details, but avoid giving answers that contain little more than a link.
  4. Be a good listener. When people post very general questions, take a second to try to understand what they're really looking for. Then, provide a response that guides them to the best possible outcome.
  5. Be encouraging and positive. Look for ways to eliminate uncertainty by anticipating people's concerns. Make it apparent that we really like helping them achieve positive outcomes.

Select a file to attach:

Qb community
Looking for advice from other business owners?

Visit our QuickBooks Community site.