cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JessB
Level 1

Report for event

Hi, 

I'd like to run a report for an event we had last month on Income vs Expenses. In the chart of accounts i have Conferences then April Conference as a sub category, in both expenses and income. Any ideas?

Thanks

Jess

3 Comments 3
James_MasterofBooksthatareQuick
QuickBooks Team

Report for event

Hi Jess,

Here's a little video I made, let me know if this is helpful :)

https://www.loom.com/share/1b0cde77f5a5496ea8c9c1c8d6acc0cd

Thanks,

James

JessB
Level 1

Report for event

Hi James, 

Thank you so much for your speedy and thorough response! However I can't see a report for Profit and Loss detail, am I missing something?

Cheers, 

Jess

Bonny_

Report for event

Hi Jess,

If you don't have the Profit and Loss Detail Report, it may be because you're on the Simple Start subscription. That particular report is only available on Essentials and Plus files. Apologies for the confusion!

I've found an alternative way to bring up income vs expenses for your sub-account - we can generate an Account QuickReport for the April Conference category:

1. Go to the Chart of Accounts
  2. Find your sub-account and on the Actions column, click on 'Run Report'. If it says 'Account history' instead, click the arrow drop-down and then 'Run Report'.

This will generate a QuickReport for the particular account, which lists all transactions there.

If it's only Income and Expense transactions you have in the account, the total balance at the bottom is the difference between all the income and the expenses of the period.

Let me know if this helps!

Bonny