cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
g8m8senterprises
Level 1

I'm trying to upate a customers email address when I change it, I'm unable to save the change?

5 Comments 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to upate a customers email address when I change it, I'm unable to save the change?

Hello, g8m8senterprises.

This issue has already been reported and our developers are working around the clock to fix this. It’d be best if you get in touch with our support team to add your details to the list of affected users. Here’s how to reach them: 

1. Click Help at the top. 
  2. Select Contact us. 
  3. Provide a brief explanation about your concern. 
  4. Select Let’s talk. 

For now, you can edit the 'notes' section on the customer and put in the address information. Then you can go to the customer's page and copy/paste the address into the invoice.

Please let me know if you have other questions about QuickBooks. 

Kazzag33
Level 1

This problem was brought up in 2019 they were told it was being fixed, well it keeps happening to me with all editing and it is now 2022, please someone give me a clue, how do I save any changes for customers in invoices or any editing changes whatsoever, there is no SAVE icon. 

IntuitSheila
Level 8

Hi Kazzag33,

Thanks for posting in the Community! Let me guide you how to update a customers email address in QuickBooks Online. You can go to the customer's information to update the email address. Here's how:

1. Click on the Sales tab.
  2. Click on Customers, locate and select the customer name.
  3. Click on Edit button.
  4. Under the Email field, update the customers email address.
  5. Click on Save.

If you've done the steps above, and the issue persists. Have you tried to log in using a new incognito window (private browser) to isolate the situation? If not, we'd recommend doing that too. Let me show you how:

• Safari: press Command + Shift + N
  • Google Chrome: press Ctrl + Shift + N
  • Mozilla Firefox: Ctrl + Shift + P

Then, log in to QuickBooks Online and attempt to edit a customer's email address once more. If you're able to edit the customer's information, I'd recommend going back to your regular browser and clear your browser's cache.

To learn more about how to update customer's email address, you can check this article Edit customer information for more detailed information.

Drop a comment below if you still need help with updating customer's information. We're here to help you.

Working_again
Level 2

None of your suggestions work.  The email keeps defaulting back to the original one and won't allow me to change to a new one.  This means that, for one of my customers, my invoices go to the wrong person!  So, I have to remember to save the invoice and email it as an attachment.  It's very annoying and embarrassing.

JamesAndrewM
QuickBooks Team

It hasn't been easy for you and your business. 

Since something like this happens, I recommend contacting our QuickBooks Online Support Team. It allows them to look into your account and confirm the problem.

To speak with one of our experts from QuickBooks Online Support. Please follow the steps below to contact support:

1. Sign in to your QuickBooks Online company. Click Help (?).

2. Select either tab: Assistant or Talk to a Human.

3. Search or select Contact Us.

4. Start a chat with a support expert.

You can contact us from Mondays to Fridays, 6 AM to 6 PM PT, and Saturdays, 6 AM to 3 PM PT.

You can utilise this article for future reference: Common custom reports in QuickBooks Online.

For additional QuickBooks-related concerns, don't hesitate to post them here in the Community. We're always available and willing to lend a hand to your queries. Have a great day ahead.