cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
criverauctions
Level 1

Can I map the default PayPal Sales to another item?

2 Comments 2
criverauctions
Level 1

This question just posted without my seeing any additional screens to add information to. So here is the additional information:

I recently connected the QB Online to our PayPal account using the PayPal Connect app in order to import our ebay sales.
(BTW) even though there is a choice to import ebay sales. IT DOESN'T WORK.
Prior to connecting the app I had imported over 3500 sales. Each of these were created as a sales receipt. Each one had 2 lines. 1 for an item called MERCHANDISE as the sale and 1 for the PayPal Fee which posted to a COGS account called PayPal fees.

Now.... when the app updates the account with the sale, it creates a sales receipt, which is wonderful, EXCEPT that it does not fill in the information for the customer name when a sale is added. But I need all the defaults to match the other 3500 sales receipts I already have in the books

I need the following to re-map:

Default Payment

Account deposited to

And it doesn't specify the paypal fee.

Does anyone have any experience with the PayPal Connect App? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to accomplish the goal here?

GlinetteC

I'd be glad to help you with your concerns, criverauctions.

To map the default Paypal Sales to another item, it uses the matched product/service if it matches. If it doesn't match, it wll use the default item called Paypal Sales and updates the line description with the name of the item provided by Paypal.

To achieve the default Payment and Account deposited to, you can create bank rules. This will automatically match downloaded transactions to the ones in the default account.

Here's how:

1. Go to Banking, then choose Rules.
  2. To open the rule window, click New rule button.
  3. From the For drop-down, choose Money in or Money out.
  4. Select the settings fro the rule, specifying the Transaction type, Payee, and the Category to apply.
  5. Click Save.

Please read this article for the detailed steps on how to set and use banking rules for downloaded transactions.

You can also check out this article for reference:  Use the Connect to PayPal app.

Leave a comment below if you need more help.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us