cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jannmangum
Level 1

Corrupt file

I was told by a Sr. Tech that my client's file was 42.5% corrupt and it would fail at 45%.  Why did we never receive a warning the file was corrupt?  He offered to repair file for a subscription of $399+ or more.  

8 Comments 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Corrupt file

SCAM ALERT
there no such thing as a partly corrupt file
SpringStreetMac
Level 1

Corrupt file

Has anyone had any luck in repairing the company quickbooks file?

Kristine Mae

Corrupt file

Yes, SpringStreetMac. Users are able to repair their company file by running the Verify/Rebuild tool.

This detects data damage and fixes it. I'll share with you the steps:

1. Click File.
  2. Go to Utilities, then choose Verify Data.
  3. If QuickBooks detected no problems, there's no further action needed. If you receive a message, "Your data has lost integrity", the file is damaged. Just continue to Rebuild Data to correct the problem.
  4. When you Rebuild Data, you'll receive a message to back up your company file, just click OK. The utility starts as soon as the back up is finished.
  5. Click OK when you get the message "Rebuild has completed".
  6. Run Verify Data again to check for remaining data damage.

I'll include the reference on how to fix data damage on your QuickBooks Desktop company file. It includes other steps to fix the company file. 

We're here to lend a hand if you have other concerns. Feel free to swing by. 

Fiat Lux - ASIA
Level 15

Corrupt file

@SpringStreetMac 

You may do a self repair mentioned by Kristine Mae. If the problem still persists, call and ask Intuit Data Service to fix it. Should you need to resolve it in due course, consider purchasing a 3rd party file repair service.

Hope it helps. 

SpringStreetMac
Level 1

Corrupt file

That option to verify data is greyed out as to the other two options as well greyed out. I get a message The document "DT Computers......" could not be opened.

GraceC
QuickBooks Team

Corrupt file

Hello there, @SpringStreetMac.

This error usually appears if the file is incorrectly read.  Let's try attempting the following steps below to get this fixed: 

1. Continually click on OK until the update is 100% complete.
  2. Close and reopen your QuickBooks file. 
  3. Close QuickBooks and restart your computer.
  4. Right-click QuickBooks icon, then select Run as the Administrator.

You can check out this article for more troubleshooting steps if the error persists: Error: The file you specified cannot be opened.

Keep me updated how it goes. As always, you can contact our Desktop Payroll Support if you need assistance in going through the steps. 

You can always get back to me if you have more questions. I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

harley17
Level 1

Corrupt file

I was told that my client's files were over 68% corrupt and that they would fix it for $3500.

Fiat Lux - ASIA
Level 15

Corrupt file

@harley17 

Which QB Desktop year version do they use?

How big is the file size?

Need to get in touch?

Contact us