cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
phil8
Level 1

I paid a supplier 1000$ before receiving the invoice of 4600. I paid an additional 2500 after receiving invoice so i owe 2100. I How can i apply the $1000 to 2100 owing?

1 Comment 1
RaymondJayO

I paid a supplier 1000$ before receiving the invoice of 4600. I paid an additional 2500 after receiving invoice so i owe 2100. I How can i apply the $1000 to 2100 owing?

Thanks for sharing the details about your concern, @phil8

I'm here to guide you through on how to manage your initial payment to your supplier.

You can create a supplier credit of $1,000 to apply with your $2,100 supplier's balance. This way, you can keep track of the correct owed amount to your supplier. Here's how: 

1. Go to the Plus Icon (+) at the upper right.
  2. Select Supplier Credit.
  3. Choose the appropriate supplier name in the Supplier field. 
  4. Enter the Date, Amount, and Account. The account used here is typically the original expense account on the original bill.
  5. Click Save and close.

When you're ready to link the bill to the supplier credit, you can perform the steps below: 

1. Go to the Plus Icon (+) at the upper right.
  2. Select Expense or Cheque
  3. Choose the supplier name in the Payee drop-down. 
  4. From the Add to Expense/Cheque section, click Add for the outstanding bill and supplier credit.
  5. Click Save and close.

For more information, you can check out this useful link: Manage Supplier Credits. You can also browse these helpful articles on how to manage your expenses and suppliers in the program.

That's it, @phil8. I'm here anytime you have other concerns. Have a good one. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us