cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
JGatti
Level 2

Why are non-inventory products showing up in the selectable items for time sheets?

5 Comments 5
JamesM
QuickBooks Team

Why are non-inventory products showing up in the selectable items for time sheets?

Hi JGatti, 

It's good to hear from you again. You've reached the right place for help. I'll be happy to answer your question. 

QBO Timesheets will show the non-inventory items and other variables whose quantity can't be tracked. I'm curious to know why you've asked this question. Is there a specific reason? By the way, feel free to ask questions, I'm here to help. 

JGatti
Level 2

I ask because we sell both products and services, many products for which we do not track inventory. 

Our employees must track their time via the time tracking feature in QBO. The problem is that we currently have non service items available to select when the specifying the service rendered in the time tracking (single time activity and weekly). If I were to give you an example of a construction company:

Service/task = painting labor

Non inventory product = Latex paint

In the time entry section of QBO, the drop down menu for available services will show both painting labor and latex paint. It is not correct to show a non-inventory item as a service to be tracked. I don't want our employees to be able to select "Latex paint" as a service since this is not a task/service, it is a product.

This will become especially problematic as the list of non-inventory product grows, it will create a significant amount of clutter in the drop-down menu of the time tracking section and lead to incorrect time entries.

JamesM
QuickBooks Team

I appreciate you elaborating what you're experiencing. I'll make sure to pass your feedback over to our engineers. New product ideas and improvements are largely based on the feedback we get from other users like you. Let me know if you have any questions. 

brandcentric
Level 1

I agree. It makes no sense why products (non-inventory) are showing up on timesheets. It ends up making the dropdown longer and longer to scroll through as result.

Trish_T
QuickBooks Team

Hi brandcentric,

Thanks for joining us here.  Welcome!  QuickBooks Online enables you to add different types inventory items as outlined in more detail here.  Please feel free to submit any suggestions you may have to our Development team by going to > Settings ⚙ > Feedback.  Your recommendations are greatly appreciated and are considered for future updates and product enhancements, to provide you with the best overall customer experience with QuickBooks Online.

Please don't hesitate to reach out again, if you have any other questions.  We'd be glad to assist!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us