cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wally J
Level 1

I can't change my direct depost account to another bank-it says there are paychecks to be sent--there isn't. Also there is a Request for Payroll service information exchange-I have no idea what that means

3 Comments 3
MaryGraceS

I can't change my direct depost account to another bank-it says there are paychecks to be sent--there isn't. Also there is a Request for Payroll service information exchange-I have no idea what that means

Hi there, @Wally J.

I appreciate you taking the time posting in the Community. I'd be happy to help walk you through changing the bank account used for direct deposit. 

If you're using a VMP feature, it's possible that there are pay stubs to be submitted stuck in your Send Payroll Data window. To clear the pending transactions, you need to send them. Before we begin, let's make sure your tax table is updated. After that, let me guide you on how to send the payroll data. 

1. From the Employees menu, select Send Payroll Data.
  2. Click Go Online, enter your Payroll Service PIN.
  3. Click OK.
  4. Click Send All button. 
  5. Enter your PIN and click OK

Then, check in the Items Received section if it did go through and the amount is zero. Once done, try updating again the bank account that your direct deposit funds are withdrawn from.

If you already set up the new bank account in the Chart of Accounts, update the bank account information in the QuickBooks Account Maintenance page.

Here's how: 

1. Click Employees in the top menu.
  2. Choose My Payroll Service and click Accounts/Billing Information.
  3. Sign in using your Intuit Account login.
  4. In the Direct Deposit section, select on any of the Bank Account details.
  5. Choose OK on the message that appears, then enter your payroll PIN and select Submit.
  6. Enter the new bank account details, then click Submit.
  7. Wait for the confirmation. Then select Continue.
  8. Select the bank account where QuickBooks Desktop should post transactions returned by the Intuit service.

Please take note that Intuit will make two small withdrawals of less than $1.00 each from the new bank account. It may take two banking days to see them on your bank statement. You'll need to use the test debits to verify your bank account information and to activate it before sending your next Direct Deposit payroll.

Finally, update the account that direct deposit paychecks and fees will post to. I've attached the following article for additional reference to complete the process: Change your direct deposit bank account.

For additional help, feel free to reach out to our Payroll Support. They have tools to access your account securely and get to the resolution quickly. 

That should point you in the right direction. Please know that I'm just a posts away if you have additional question about changing the direct deposit bank account. I'll be happy to help you further. Have a wonderful day. 

Wally J
Level 1

I spent 2 hrs on with Intuit payroll yesterday and they have no idea why I am having problems, but they could see that something is wrong.  I know how to change bank accounts--it won't let me--says a paycheck is pending--but there is no paycheck pending--well anyway Intuit payroll did a lot of things yesterday but nothing worked, but today when I came in to work, I was able to change the bank account--Go Figure!!  It did the same thing 2 weeks ago when I was having the same problem.  We will see after this if I am still having troubles.

IamjuViel
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @Wally J.

I appreciate you for informing us that everything works well on your end.  Whether you're in the office or out on the road, you can count on QuickBooks to back your business.

Ensure to visit our Community site for tips on how to unlock the program's full potential.

Feel free to post if you have other questions about managing your employee's direct deposit payroll. I'm always here to help.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us