cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
sam__brown
Level 1

online banking description only shows"bank transfer" with no vendor name.How can this be fixed to show who was paid?

1 Comment 1
LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

online banking description only shows"bank transfer" with no vendor name.How can this be fixed to show who was paid?

Hi sam_brown,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope I can help clarify the bank feed feature for you.

The Description column lets you know what kind of transaction you're dealing with, not the vendor the transaction is related to. So in your case, the kind of transaction is a bank transfer. In order to add the vendor name, simply click the transaction to expand it for editing and choose a Supplier/Payee from the drop down menu or use the Add new feature to create one. Once you accept the transaction into QuickBooks, the vendor name will be related to it.

Read the Assign, categorize, and add transactions section of the Add and match downloaded banking transactions article to learn more.

If you'd like an extra hand, an agent can walk you through it. Get in touch with dedicated QuickBooks Online support agents through one of the methods listed on our Contact Us page. Reputable support information can be found on that page and other areas of our website, which will always include QuickBooks and Intuit in the URL. QuickBooks Team members such as myself may also share the support number directly in our responses.

I hope that helps!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us