cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
troy4
Level 1

I have a client who would like to export all sale invoices with detail. Is this possible from Quickbooks or do we have to manually input invoice data into a spreadsheet?

6 Comments 6
RenjolynC
QuickBooks Team

I have a client who would like to export all sale invoices with detail. Is this possible from Quickbooks or do we have to manually input invoice data into a spreadsheet?

Hi troy4,

In QuickBooks, your client can run a report and export the data into a spreadsheet. To get all the list of invoices including their details, they can open the Invoice List by following these steps:

1. On the left panel, click Reports.
  2. Type Invoice List in the search box.
  3. Choose the Report period, and click Run Report.
  4. Click the Export icon and choose Export to Excel or Export to PDF.

You can also click the Customize button to filter the invoices you want to view.

I've added a sample screenshot for your reference.

If you need more help with QuickBooks reports, feel free to leave a comment. Thanks.

Malcolm Ziman
Level 10

@RenjolynC wrote:

To get all the list of invoices including their details, they can open the Invoice List

No, "Invoice List" is not "with detail".

Use the Sales by Customer Detail rather, and customize as needed

barry999
Level 1

Hi @RenjolynC

I was wondering if you ever found a work around for this as I am in need of similar reporting for a contract we are on. 

I was hoping that Quickbooks would provide a detailed report of invoices and possibly even allow for customer groups but unfortunately it looks like it is  unable to do what I consider basic tasks in reporting.

Thanks

Brad

jenop2
QuickBooks Team

Accessing the right financial insights for your business is what I'm here for, arry999. Allow me to help you generate a detailed invoice report in QuickBooks Online. 

To start, you can run the Sales by Customer Detail report. You can get detailed information on sales data by customer. It will also show the purchased items of each customer, including the date, type, amount, and balances.

Then, customize the report so it will only show invoices. It can even be grouped by customer type as you want it to. Here's how:

1. Go to the Reports menu and type in Sales by Customer Detail in the Search bar.
  2. Click Customize in the upper-right-hand corner of the report.
  3. Scroll down to the Filter section and check the box for Transaction Type.
  4. Select Invoice and click Run Report.

Once you have the report, click the drop-down list for Group by and select Customer Type

The Sales by Customer Detail report is a useful tool for analyzing your business's sales transactions and ensuring that your accounting records are accurate and up-to-date.

For additional resources, I'll share these articles as well:

It's truly a pleasure for me to help QuickBooks users like yourself build reports tailored to your operations. Consider me your ongoing resource for customizing transaction reports, financial statements, and working with QBO in general.

barry999
Level 1

Thanks Jenop2,

When doing a report by Invoice, I require the following headers in the report that need to be exported to an excel Spreadsheet.

Customer Name

Contact Name

Email Address

Purchase Order Number

Purchase Order Date

Item Category

Item Sub Category

Item Code

Item / Service Description

Item Manufacturer's name

Unit of Measure

Quantity

Unit Price ex GST

Comments

I understand that this utilises fields in both Customer Data as well as Item Data and that we would need to set up categories and subcategories for items (or Item Groups then sub categories).

Is it possible to create these additional required fields in Customer and Items and then have them report from Invoices as you have described? I would then need to have it exported to a spreadsheet using the headers or similar to what is listed above ready to cut and paste into my reporting templates that I am supplied by my contract Auditors.

If you could show an example of this it would greatly sway my decision on what accounting package to go with.

Thanks

Barry999

IntuitSheila
Level 8

Hi barry999,

Thanks for getting back to us. You can use the and enable the Custom field feature in QuickBooks Online and then customise your report to add the fields. If you are using the QuickBooks Online Plus and Essentials version, you can add a custom fields in your sales forms and purchase order.

To add custom fields:

1. Go to Settings ⚙ and select Custom fields.
  2. Select Add field.
    Note: If this is your first time creating a custom field, select Add custom field.
  3. Enter a name in the Name field.
  4. Tick the All Sales forms or Purchase Order box. Or, tick both.
  5. Select Save.

Then, run the Sales by Customer Detail report again and click on Customise to include the custom fields added like the Purchase Order Data and Number.

Here's how:

1. Go to the Reports menu and type in Sales by Customer Detail in the Search bar.
  2. Click Customize in the upper-right-hand corner of the report.
  3. Scroll down to the Filter section and check the box for Transaction Type.
  4. Select Invoice and click Run Report.

Post again in the Community if you have further concerns. I'll  be around to help you.