cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cort
Level 1

how to run payroll checks for 3 periods

We deferred payroll for 3 payroll periods. How do I run payroll one check for each employee for 3 payroll periods. (2 past and 1 current)

Solved
Best answer April 22, 2019

Best Answers
BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @cort.

I want to make sure you'll be able to process your employees' payroll for three periods. Let's get this sorted out.

To ensure the accuracy of your payroll records with your forms, I'd suggest creating one paycheck for each pay period. This is because pay periods will vary on your 941 forms. To learn more about the pay schedules in QuickBooks Online, you may check out the following articles:

If you need further assistance with creating paychecks, I'd suggest getting in touch with our Customer Care Team. They have the capability to do a screen-sharing session to guide you through the process. 

This should get you on the right track. 

Feel free to reach back out to me if you have any other questions with running payroll or with QuickBooks. I'll be around to help. Have a great day.

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @cort.

I want to make sure you'll be able to process your employees' payroll for three periods. Let's get this sorted out.

To ensure the accuracy of your payroll records with your forms, I'd suggest creating one paycheck for each pay period. This is because pay periods will vary on your 941 forms. To learn more about the pay schedules in QuickBooks Online, you may check out the following articles:

If you need further assistance with creating paychecks, I'd suggest getting in touch with our Customer Care Team. They have the capability to do a screen-sharing session to guide you through the process. 

This should get you on the right track. 

Feel free to reach back out to me if you have any other questions with running payroll or with QuickBooks. I'll be around to help. Have a great day.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us