cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Crispy2012
Level 1

Cannot export transactions to excel as of April 17, 2019. Only CSV files work. Looks like Excel is not turned on in QB

4 Comments 4
AddieC
QuickBooks Team

Cannot export transactions to excel as of April 17, 2019. Only CSV files work. Looks like Excel is not turned on in QB

Hi there, 

When you want to export your transactions to excel, it's important that the feature is working as it should. Don't worry, I'll help you sort this out so you can get back to business.

Here's an article that'll help you resolve this. You'll see that this article is from our US support site, however the steps will work in your case as well.

You can also take a look at this article for resolving data damage in your account: Resolve data damage on your company file.

I hope this helps. Give those steps a try and let me know if you need further help. 

Have a great day.

Crispy2012
Level 1

Tried the methods listed:

Tried Repair Office 365 (would not complete)

Uninstalled Office 365

Uninstalled all versions of QB I could (17.0 and 18.0 would not complete)

Re-installed Office 365 (tested excel was working ok)

Re-installed QB Enterprise 19.0

Excel still not working (only csv available)

Rebuilt Data (no errors)

Verified Data (successful)

What now?

AddieC
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, 

Thanks for giving those steps a try. If you're still running into issues, I recommend reaching out to our Desktop phone support team at 877-772-9158. Agents are available 24/7 for Pro and Premier support, and Enterprise support is available from Monday-Friday, 9am-8pm EST. 

I'm confident they'll get you back on track in no time. 

Have a great day. 

Crispy2012
Level 1

I found the solution.

The excel installed by default is 64 bit and it needs to be 32 bit to be compatible with Quick Books.

This is the name of the installer for Office 365 32 bit version of Excel.

Setup.X86.en-US_O365HomePremRetail_040fcd15-d4b3-41cc-bd66-a338786a952a_TX_PR_.exe

I removed existing Office 365 and re-installed the 32 bit version and all works as before.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us